Downyourhighstreet.com is integrated into Parcels2Go, the largest UK courier comparison site allowing independent retailers to streamline their deliveries. Parcels2Go allows us to use most of the delivery services available in the UK, find out which services they offer here.
Using this integrated courier option has many benefits that will help you streamline your delivery process:
- Print the delivery slip straight from your order page
- The customer gets tracking details when you mark as shipped
- The delivery cost is automatically shown to the customer when they checkout
- No need to set up your own shipping methods
- Flexible cover (with an automatic base cover of £20)
The courier will collect the parcel from your store. You have the option to change the collection address when confirming your parcel's collection. If the courier attempts to collect your parcel and they are not successful, you will receive an email from Parcels2Go to rebook your collection.
Important: Always ask for a collection receipt once the courier collects your parcel. We may need this to make a claim for any missing orders.
Parcel Shop Service
This is the most cost-effective service and time-efficient service for the price. We encourage you to use this as much as you can. Simply print the delivery slip, stick to your parcel and drop at your local Parcel Shop. Check for your local parcel shop here.
Activating Quick Ship
1. Go to Activate Shipping Methods in your account.
(In your account go to Shippings > Activate Integrated Shippings)
2. Go to Global Shipping methods
3. Select the method you want to offer and Save, this will now be the method your customers see.
If you are not familiar with the services listed please check the Parcels2Go website and click more information on the couriers you're interested in.
The preferred services on DYHS are Hermes Parcel shop or collection, and DPD, as they allow us to keep costs down for delivery.
If you choose Hermes Collection the courier will collect the parcel from your store at the end of the next working day from when you mark the product as Shipped Complete.
If you choose the Hermes parcel shop, then please drop your parcel/s off (with printed shipping label) at your nearest parcel shop. Check the nearest parcel shop here.
Printing Your Delivery Label
Once a customer has purchased one of your products with your new Quick Ship shipping method, you need to prepare it for the local drop off or collection point. Please ensure you adhere the shipping label to the parcel.
Follow these steps to successfully ship your product.
1. Go to your View Orders page and click the order number of the product you want to ship.
2. Check that everything is correct with the order, and then click 'Create shipping label or add tracking' which is located in the bottom right-hand side of the page.
Tip - our preferred service is Hermes parcel shop (drop off at a Hermes parcel shop) or Hermes collect (they collect from your shop at the end of the following day). Both of these methods are via the Parcel2Go carrier.
3. You will then need to enter the relevant information into the page that will pop up. The information entered will notify the courier driver of the collection address. Please also make sure to enter the weight of the parcel so Hermes can assign the correct method.
4. You will then be able to download your delivery label on the order page. If you cannot see this then find it under Orders > Parcel2Go Shipments.
5. Adhere the label securely to the parcel with the barcode and shipping details clearly displayed to allow for scanning.